Color Theory trees
Painting in your trees and adding a highlight using your moon as the light source.
- Make sure the tree is opaque (paint in the thin parts of the tree with a second coat of black paint).
- Make sure the black paint on the tree is dried before painting a highlight.
- Create a tint of any color (add white to a color) and use the tint as the "highlight" on the branches in the areas the moon would shine its light. (i.e. If the moon is in the upper right side of the painting, the right side of the branches get a thin line of tint)
- Paint the highlight using a thin/skinny brush.
- Do a second coat of the highlight if needed.